Episode 3: Fussy Zaroor arrives.

 Click for Previous Episode 2

 


Episode 3: Fussy Zaroor arrives.

In response to my recent digital broadcast (dated 15/6/2026) concerning the US-Iran diplomatic tango, I received a curious transmission from one Ms. Fussy Zaroor.

Ms. Zaroor appears to belong to that baffling “Zillennial” cohort, and her response has left me entirely at sea. I submit her words to you, dear readers, for I cannot, for the life of me, discern the truth:

Is this a standing ovation, or an exquisite, slow-burn roast?


Dear Mr. Pankaj Khanna,

I must confess to a certain amused admiration for your exuberant deployment of sesquipedalian¹ artillery. To marshal expressions such as “diplomatic metaphysics,” “kakistocracy,” and “parturient” into a single paragraph requires either remarkable lexical confidence or a touching disregard for the welfare of unsuspecting dictionaries and readers.

Vocabulary, however recherché², is but the embroidery upon the fabric of prose; the true elegance of expression resides in precision of thought, felicity of construction, and the quiet confidence that words need not perpetually announce their own sophistication. One sprinkles seasoning upon a meal; it is seldom advisable to serve the seasoning as the meal itself.

Your imagined communiqué on the Iran-US understanding possesses undeniable wit and an almost operatic delight in irony. I particularly appreciated the notion that both protagonists had “simultaneously conceded nothing and secured everything,” for that is, on occasion, the very quintessence of modern diplomacy as preached and practised by Shashi Tharoor Saar, my mentor: a truly delightful dandy, an accomplished deipnosophist³, and a diplomat whose conversational dexterity is matched only by his flair for elegant expression.

Despite being Fussy Surely for correct and proper Tharoorian English, I still applaud the evident enthusiasm that animates your prose.


With warm regards and an appreciative Tharoorian smile,

Fussy Zaroor


BTech (IIT-M), PGDM (IIM-A).
Intern at Ministry of Grandiloquance.
A devoted Fan and Mentee of Shashi Tharoor Saar.
Aspiring to be an Editor and a World-Class Author.

******************************

Click here the Episode 4.

Click here for The Lexicomedy Line-Up: (The list of all Episodes published till date for your binge reading.)

(My  Blogs on diverse subjects: Eclectic Blogs.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally a Web Series to read

Episode 1: What is Lexicomedy!?

Episode 5: Cattle Class